Booty Workout Video
For my series of workout videos, here is one that is close to my heart: a strength workout for your booty! I love love love glute activation for many reasons; it’s an important element for men and women. The added benefit is a balanced, well defined butt. : )
There are many benefits of proper glute activation. When the glute muscles are used properly:
- It takes pressure off your low-back, reducing low back pain.
- It takes pressure off your knees, since it stops the “quad dominant” walk.
- It helps for knee/back issues when walking, climbing stairs, etc.
- A workout that balances all of the glute muscles can balance out your hips. Having properly aligned hips is very important. An entire host of issues can come from unbalanced hips, including walking gate issues.
- You can make better strength gains, especially for squats and deadlifts.
- It makes your butt look great! (As a woman, I can say that I appreciate great glutes in a guy. So this is not only for woman.)
So please turn out your favorite workout music and follow along. The exercises in the video include:
- Glute bridges
- Reverse Clamshells
- Sideways Leg-lifts
- Split Squats
- Hip Thrusts
Enjoy your new glutes!